Friday, June 15, 2012

Week in Review - 6/15/2012

PC
This is as far as I got basically.
I decided to play Planescape: Torment but it’s not going well. I’ve never been able to really get into games like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights which means it’s pretty difficult for me to get into this game. I’ve made it out of the Mortuary and am struggling to find Pharod, but the complete lack of direction throws me off. I really want to wrap my brain around the story and the struggles of the Nameless One as he tries to recover his identity. So I’ve dedicated playing a few hours here and there and working through my differences with the game. 


Playstation 3
This is as far as I got basically.
Don’t judge me. I gave this game a lot of crap when it came out in 2010 because the story was so ridiculous and convoluted. It was the exact opposite of what I really want in a “Final Fantasy” game. I’ve decided to give it another chance, though. I’m doing more of an analytic review of the game to see if the story just has more than meets the eye. Many apologists for the game insist the story isn’t that bad. I decide to see for myself. I’m taking notes and maybe publishing what I find later on.  


Wii
This picture makes me miss it already.
 I cannot pull myself away from this game. I blame this game for my re-interest in Final Fantasy XIII because I truly am enjoying the more action oriented battles which feel a lot more adrenaline generating and strategic at the same time. The battle system of Xenoblade is just the icing on the cake of what is a wonderful game. I recently beat it and just started over from the beginning again. I sank another 25 hours into the game before finally setting it down to play Planescape and Final Fantasy XIII. It still nags at me, but my addiction MAY be broken.  

-TOP
@TOPGamingBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment