Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week in Review - 3/30/2012

Yesterday morning I found out I was having another son.
It sort of threw off my plan to post. So, this is a day late, hopefully not a dollar short.














Tales of Graces f

Thursday morning I found my PS3 had broken with this game stuck inside. I’m still really upset about it. I was hoping to beat this game before Xenoblade Chronicles comes out next week. I was really enjoying it – particularly the battle system. The story still wasn’t as good as Tales of Vesperia, but it was starting to get pretty interesting. I don’t really know what to do about my PS3, or the game tragically stuck inside. All attempts to retrieve it from the blinking red lights has failed.


Dungeon Defenders

My wife and I thought we could handle Nightmare mode on Dungeon Defenders, but we were wrong. We are still struggling to complete Glitterhelm Caverns on Insane difficulty, much less any maps on Nightmare. We are in the process of upgrading our Godly gear and hoping to find Mythic soon. Series EV (pictured) was just released this past week and looks to be the most over-powered class in the game, so we both leveled one up and are hard at work learning how to best utilize them. They are very fun.


Saint's Row 2

My brother has been playing Saint’s Row: The Third which got me thinking about the series. I’d never tried it and I found a deal on Steam to get Saint’s Row 2 for $2. I’ve been poking around in the game quite a bit and find that I enjoy many of the features presented in the game more than “GrandTheft Auto” series. I’ve been told “GTA” tries to remain more anchored in realism, while in “Saint’s Row” series anything goes. Things haven’t gotten that crazy for me yet, but I’m enjoying finding creative uses for my fake money.


Total War: Shogun 2 

I spent a few more runs on easy trying to perfect my strategy with the Chosokabe clan. They haven’t gone very well ultimately. I think I’m too concerned with war and not enough concerned with economy and infrastructure. I feel driven to complete the “missions” assigned to me by my clan, which typically involve capturing provinces nearby. I feel that forces me to expand too quickly, or at least a bit prematurely. Next time I attempt this, I think I will focus much more on building up my provinces and army before leaving Shikoku Island.


- TOP

No comments:

Post a Comment