Friday, March 16, 2012

Week in Review - 3/16/2012













Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I apologize I haven’t updated “Breton in Skyrim” yet this week. Hopefully, I will have time this afternoon. I had an extremely exciting adventure in Bleak Falls Barrow. I nearly died! Trying to play by a set of rules, and keep my friends and fans informed and involved in the adventure really adds an additional pressure to keep Genjo alive to blog another day. So these scenarios the game concocts to defeat me can really be an adrenaline rush due to the added incentives of keeping this “public figure” alive. It’s extremely fun.It nearly gave me an anxiety attack.


Final Fantasy IV (DS)

I’m continuing to work my way to the end of Final Fantasy IV. I try to beat one major boss a day. I’m currently stuck on Doctor Lugae in the Tower of Babil. He is not quite like he was on Super Nintendo, so I’m forced to think up a new strategy for him, or resort to looking online if I get tired and lazy. Cecil now has “Draw Attacks” which makes all single-target attacks hit him, making “Cover” obsolete. He’s almost the perfect tank now and up until Lugae, he was making the game a lot easier.


The Sims 3

The story of Holden and Gwen played out rather awkwardly. Pancho Villa moved in and to Holden’s dismay also moved in on Gwen. They had a baby together named Micaela Villa Glover. They were together for some time. Holden wrote lots of emotional books about the misery he was enduring. Then Pancho Villa (a successful doctor) had to go to the hospital on an emergency call on Gwen’s birthday. Holden took advantage of the opportunity and they finally got together. They had a baby named Edmund. Pancho Villa eventually moved out of the house. Everyone got their life goals accomplished!


Star Wars: The Old Republic

This is a picture of my Vangaurd, Nerine. She’s my favorite character that I’ve made on Star Wars and she’s seen here in a graphical glitch on the Republic Fleet. Apparently Carrick Station has disappeared leaving her floating freely in space. I took two weeks off from Star Wars, but a recent trailer for the Legacy update in patch 1.2 has me a bit excited. So I’m logging on again to do dailies on Shikari and hopefully level up Nerine and my wife’s character Zelona.


Tales of Graces f

I just bought this game on its release on Tuesday. I’m excited to support a series that doesn’t always make it over to western shores. The first “Tales” game I played was Talesof Symphonia which didn’t grab me as much as I thought it would, and is worth a re-investigation since everyone speaks highly of it. The first “Tales” game that did grab me was Tales ofVesperia. I was hoping that a PS3 version of Vesperia would be released in the US, but Graces is the next to be released, skipping Hearts and Xillia. I have high hopes.


Related Links
A Breton in Skyrim - http://bretongenjo.blogspot.com
My Sims 3 Profile - http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kirutaru

No comments:

Post a Comment