Friday, November 5, 2021

Week in Review - 11/5/2021

 


  • Gloomhaven (PC - Steam)
Gloomhaven has been my board game addiction for a few years now. The PC version has never really managed to hold my attention for too long. Now that the full game is out and the campaign is available, I booted it up to give it a try. I've played through the first two maps on a tabletop and on Tabletop Simulator so many times that playing it again in a video game format feels really weird. I really couldn't give it much more attention than that, right now. 



  • Kingdom: Classic (PC - Steam)
A new Norse expansion for Kingdoms: Two Crowns is coming soon. It reminded me that this franchise exists and I had a blast with it many, many years ago. I'm pretty sure I beat Classic back then, but for the life of me I can't manage to pull off a win anymore. This is where I sank the most hours early this week, trying to get my kingdom into shape for the final assault, but every time was met with disaster. 


  • Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (Switch)
I've had this game kicking around my Switch for a while, but I never bothered to try it. I bothered to try it this week and it didn't hook me. I'm not a huge fan of the Etrian Odyssey style dungeon crawling / dungeon mapping genre, so it's really not surprising that this isn't an instant hit for me. I don't love it. I don't hate it. I'm not sure if I'll fire it up again anytime soon.



- TOP

No comments:

Post a Comment