Friday, October 22, 2021

Week in Review - 10/22/2021

 


  • Book of Travels (PC - Steam)
I have two characters, but the one I consider my "main" right now is named Asan Nasani. He is tough, careful and self-sacrificing. He was raised by bandits, but left that life behind to become a mercenary. He currently serves an old friend named Sev Tro as a bodyguard in the Braided Shore. We got to play together a bit over the weekend, but time to dedicate to this game was short this week. 



  • Deep Sky Derelicts (PC- Steam)
Reminding me a little bit of Darkest Dungeon, I have had an interest in trying this game since it came out, but didn't really get around to trying it until this week. I only played for an hour or so. I like it, but it was a little overwhelming as the game didn't do a hugely satisfying job of explaining all its mechanics to me. Reading all the tool tips and I'm sure I could get by a little better, but opening the game and reading through weapon and skill abilities for an hour is not that fun. I think as I get used to how to play, it will become a fun game. 

  • Monster Train (PC - Steam)
This is the game that's really held my attention all week. I probably did at least 1 but often 2 runs through Monster Train every night. I put it off for a long time even though I knew it would be an addicting addition to my love for deck building. Often described to me as Slay the Spire but better, I think I agree. I really don't care for the aesthetics, or the fact that my train has 3-stories instead of multiple cars I can attach and customize. The whole "train" thing feels arbitrary. I like trains, damn it. Give me a real train. 

- TOP

No comments:

Post a Comment