Friday, June 21, 2013

Week in Review - 6/21/2013


Back in April, I was picked up by GameStop as a part-time employee. I've wanted to work there for a while, but I never really gave it much effort until last fall when I tried (and succeeded) to get hired for the holidays. It honestly seems like the perfect job for me - I'm not much of a salesman and I don't like talking to people very much, but if there's one thing I can talk about endlessly, and talk up, and convince others to try it's video games. That's why I started this blog on the topic that I did, because I knew I could write about video games all day, every day if I had the time to sit down and do it.

Anyway, with the announcements of Playstation 4 and XBox One, my job basically exploded with activity. The buzz and the conversations happening daily down there is awesome, and I picked up a bunch of extra hours which I'm sure wasn't unrelated, also. It's been a complete blast to go in every time and do something I actually feel passionate about - I know it's a low-level retail job, but seriously, I'm having so much fun. I hope the novelty doesn't wear off anytime soon.

3DS

This is my actual house!
I hoped to put this up as a Bunker Hill Bros. entry this week, but perhaps next week. Deez and I did get a little bit of in-game time together but it was to briefly exchange Friend Codes, set up our Best Friend status, and exchange our native fruit. My town has peaches; his has pears; my wife has cherries. That really worked out in our favor. We're still hunting oranges and apples if anyone out there wants to trade! This week, I built a bench just to get the feel for public projects. This weekend I will build a new bridge! 

Playstation 3
This week, my trusty pawn Lyn and I decided to venture into Bitterblack Isle. Together with my friend's pawn, Val, we journeyed into the unknown. We defeated a giant, chained up, Gorecyclops, a few Cockatrice and some strange beholder-type monster. None of them were too challenging, but I did find a room with two Gorecyclops that was best left undisturbed. I'll save that challenge for another day. I feel my interest in this game starting to wane, though, as The Last of Us and Animal Crossing completely take over my free time. I really hope I can power through the Bitterblack Isle content. 





This game is oddly beautiful. 
I'm not sure what to say about this game. It got so many good reviews that it was difficult for me to ignore. I haven't beaten the main story, nor have I gotten into the multi-player games. I really have no excuse since it's been an entire week. I do struggle to find time (when my children are away) to play. Your story and characters thus far are incredible, and your infected, mushroom-zombies are terrifying late at night in the dark. I reserve a full judgment on the game until I've actually completed the entire story-mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment